Look which is the most trendy color this year, and the most beautiful examples I’ve found.
According to the Pantone Institute, the color of this year is purple, more precisely the ultraviolet shade of Pantone 18-3838, which, according to the Institute, communicates with its originality, ingenuity and visionary thinking, and helps to brighten our future.
Color of the year 2018: Ultraviolet
It’s definitely a strong color that contains two basic colors, blue and red. That is why, in history, this was commonly the color of minorities, especially those who fought for equality.
I like the color purely from an aesthetic aspect, I prefer if the purple contains more blue than red, just like the chosen pantone. With this blue subtlety, it is such a perfect combination to forest green, gentle pink, strong red, baked orange, mustard yellow … In fact, I can not find a color with which it would not be a trendy couple;). Personally, I won’t combine it with black in the upcoming months, because my closet is really more rainbow than black and because the purple-black combination can quickly look more like an evening look.
Ulala ultra violet examples
At this moment in stores in Slovenia, there is only a lot of pale purple available, and the offer in trendy ultraviolet color is rare. I assume that first will be able to buy colored pieces for home furnishings, and a greater choice of clothing will only come in autumn. But this color has already been adopted by makeup artist and hairdressers and I like that they combine it with nude shades to create a gentle and easy violet makeup look from the 80’s
My recommendations for ultraviolet makeup
Violet color is not the easiest to use when using it to create makeup looks, but if you apply it correctly and choose the right shade, it is very noticeable and interesting, and looks good with every eye color. The ultimate ultraviolet shade is the best, because it’s the most neutral purple shade and is the least similar to the color of bruise.
WHEN DOING MAKEUP
Make sure the skin is cleansed and looks healthy, so cover all the imperfections , especially undereyes, otherwise you will look sick. Pay special attention to the persistence of the makeup – choose a long lasting, because it is less likely that the color will begin to change into a reddish or bluish version that will only make you tired.
MY SELECTION OF ULTRAVIOLET MAKEUP
- MAC Pigment, in the shade Rich Purple
- Color mascara Urban Decay Double Team Special Effect Colored Mascara, shade Vice Cream
- Liquid lipstick Butter + Pantone Lippy Liquid Lipstick,in the shade, which were made together with Pantone Institute
- Shadows Lancome Color Design, shade Miss Sweetheart and Lotique Metallic Eye Shadow, shade me6
- False lashes Shu Uemura Lavender Bloom False Eyelashes
- Waterproof eyepencil Make Up For Ever Aqua XL Eye Pencil, shade Iridescent Pop Purple
- Eyebrow mascara Shu Uemura Eyebrow Manicure Tokyo Spirit (limited editon)
- Lipstick Urban Decay Vice Lipstick, odt. Voodoo
- Nailpolish Butter + Pantone, v odtenkih, ki so ustvarjeni skupaj z inštitutom Pantone in Zoya Nail Polish, odt. Delaney
make upmakeup productstrendy colorultraviolet
This post is also available in: Slovenian